moderated Re: Enable ability to copy from database entry without going through edit #suggestion

Andy Wedge

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 05:26 PM, Terry Tegnazian wrote:
and would like to be able to copy and paste the member's email address from our member database
Terry,

following on from our private messages I found a work around that may help you for now.

If you try to copy any text from a row when the table is in list view it opens up the details page for that entry as you say. However, it does not do that in Map view.  To get Map view you need a) a premium group that offers that feature and b) a column in your table of type 'address'.  You don't need a value in any address field and you can set it to be hidden by default. Changing the table view from List to Map will display a map above the data rows but with no map pins so you can ignore it.  In this view, you can copy any selected text to your clipboard quite easily without it opening the row details page.

Regards,
Andy