moderated Re: Other members email addresses can be revealed by using the Directory #bug

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 08:10 AM, Mahendra Bakshi wrote:
When you click on Email in the Directory, the window for Email shows at the very top where the Email is supposed to go, that is, member's Email address.
I don't think it does that (at least, I'm not seeing it). But I wish it did. You can see it anyway if you bcc. I also wish that private replies would display the recipient's email address without having to bcc. In that case, it can be dangerous not knowing for sure where the email is going, because you have to make sure you're directly beneath the intended recipient in the message list. I bcc only because I want to doublecheck on that and always breathe a sigh of relief when I see from the bcc that it went to the person I wanted it to go to. Simplay displaying the email address at the time of the private reply would remove that anxiety. This doesn't give away any more information than what's already known, since it's already in the emailed message anyway.