moderated Re: Other members email addresses can be revealed by using the Directory #bug

I would say that their email address is not their “personal details.” It’s the email address they have chosen to use for participation in a hybrid email listserv/web-based forum, and they should not expect it to be hidden, even if they never post.

On Aug 28, 2020, at 12:32 AM, Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 11:22 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
Bottom line, email addresses are not hidden in groups.io. Any time someone posts, you see their email address.
If someone joins a group to read messages only they should not have their personal details revealed by someone else (who may not be a Mod with access to the member list) due to a quirk of the system.

Andy