moderated Re: Enable ability to copy from database entry without going through edit #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 03:33 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
You can copy the email address from the member list page if you start with your mouse pointer slightly to the left of the email address and then click&hold and drag to select the address.
That is, if you have mouse cursor. Won't work with many mobile devices.

Backing up...the user record must be openable in some fashion. Currently, the entire table row is clickable for this purpose. To fix this problem (if it is one), we would have to turn one of the columns into a series of clickable links, instead of the entire row.

We can't use the Display Name because sometimes those aren't populated. Using the email address isn't a fix. That leaves us with either the Joined or the Delivery column. Hmmm...not sure I'm fond of that, either.

Those who are advocating this change need to be more explicit in exactly what they want.

Regards,
Bruce