moderated Re: Make Sticky Topic show at top of Messages view #suggestion

It’s not my group and I have no idea why it’s done that way. My point is that this is just one legitimate use of stickies *as topics*, which is, after all, how the feature was implemented and has stood for years, and there no doubt other legitimate uses of *sticky topics* that don’t necessarily conform to an abra cadabra transformation to *sticky messages.” Sticky messages and sticky topics are different beasts. It’s not my job to defend this or any other group owner who has learned to use sticky topics (which is the feature - not sticky messages), or to figure out why they use the sticky topic (not sticky message) feature the way they do. I’m simply pointing out that there are use cases that the majority here in this circumscribed conversation may not be thinking about.

If a sticky message feature is going to be implemented, it should probably be distinct from sticky topics. E.g., an individual message could be chosen as a sticky. It would not be restricted to first messages of topics. To turn every first message of a sticky topic into a sticky message is not what I would think of as a sticky message feature. I’d want to be able to pick out individual important messages.

On Aug 25, 2020, at 8:46 PM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 07:00 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
about 20 stickies, all important and warranted
Is there some reason they can't be combined into fewer?  Seems like if there's that much stuff they want to bring to members attention, a monthly reminder (or a calendar event more often) containing all of them would be better.