moderated Re: Make Sticky Topic show at top of Messages view #suggestion

Walking that back: I think that would be ok. 😊

On Aug 25, 2020, at 2:32 PM, J_Catlady via groups.io <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

I’m not sure I understand how the message order would look in that case. You’d have message #1 of a sticky topic separated from Message #s 2-n of that tophc by Message #1.of the second sticky topic, Message #1 of the third sticky topic, etc? That almost seems worse.

On Aug 25, 2020, at 1:49 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 11:51 AM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
Good idea about making it an option! I’m not sure people realize the ramifications of this change. If a group has, say, 3-5 sticky topics (and many groups have more), with 3-5 messages per topic (again, many have more), the messages list will be top-heavy with about a dozen, and possibly even dozens, of messages to have to manually get through before finally reaching current messages.

If/when I implement this, I would only display the first message in a sticky topic.

Cheers,