moderated Re: Changes to new basic groups #update

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 9:35 AM Linda Prain via groups.io <ShaktiSystemsDirector=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Outside of that frustration, can you give me some guidelines as to how files, photos or attachments will be handled in a new basic (i.e. free) group?  Are they simply not allowed?  Are they retained for a short period of time and then deleted?  I'd like to understand where I can find more about the new basic functionality to ascertain if this is going to work for us.  A premium service is simply something we can't afford on an ongoing basis.  Kind regards, Linda Prain

The Files and Photos sections for new Basic groups are disabled. Attachments sent to Basic groups work as they always have. Because the Photos section is disabled, there is no 'Emailed Photos' album where you can view photo attachments.

Hope this helps.