moderated Re: Special Notice vs Special Message inconsistency #bug

Bruce Bowman

On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 10:49 AM, Andy Wedge wrote:
Also, we can currently search the activity log for 'sent message' and 'sent message requiring approval' but there's no search for 'sent special notice'.   I am not sure why messages with a 'special' attribute are referred to as a 'notice' when those without are just 'messages'. Perhaps using two terms to distinguish them ('Special' and 'Notice') is overkill and the current term 'special message' as seen in the activity log is a better description.
As best I can tell, there is no way to isolate messages sent as special notices via a search of the activity log. You can enter "sent special message" in the search box but it still turns up nothing.

In addition, there are some ways that a special notice can be sent to the group without generating a log entry at all (e.g.: a #cal-reminder).

One option would be to have the [Special] subject tag -- currently added to special-notice emails -- retained in the message archive as well. But my actual preference to identify special notices would be to include a "Special" filter in the pull-down menu at upper left (i.e.: analogous to what is currently available for Polls).

Regards,
Bruce