moderated Re: Retroactive Topic Locking? #suggestion #misc

Right. The alternative, whatever you want to call it ( “never lock topic” is not bad but I’m not crazy about it - maybe “exclude from locking time-out”) could be on the More menu. I don’t care where it is on the UI or how it’s implemented (More menu is fine, if the arrow drop down, doesn’t really matter) but providing the variable is essential for the time-out feature to be actually useful.

On Aug 19, 2020, at 8:19 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 09:52 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
there should be a different alternative
It sounds like what you want is another option - Never Lock Topic - on the More menu.  Maybe use the lock-open icon to differentiate from the Unlock Topic option that uses the unlock icon.

I believe the current operation is correct, not a bug, in that it operates exactly like it's supposed to - lock anything older than xx days.