moderated Re: Retroactive Topic Locking? #suggestion #misc

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 05:31 PM, Bob Bellizzi wrote:
As a result, i recently realized what a great help Lock Topic would be and decided to try it prior to utilizing it on our 20 year old group with almost 170,000 messages and about 65,000 topics.
So I set it in motion in a test group and lo and behold, nothing changed.  I was able to reply to messages beyond the limit I set (10 days).
Leads me to believe that Lock Topic is not retroactive.
Bob -- Are you talking about the setting "Automatically Lock Topics Older Than XXX Days?"

If so, that setting is not applied in real time. Affected topics will be locked later, when the corresponding system job runs.

Hope this helps,
Bruce