moderated Re: Direct Add to subgroup: stay on Direct Add page after adding; allow bulk searches #suggestion #done

Andy Wedge

On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 09:47 PM, Dan Halbert wrote:

 After I click "Add Member", the web interface goes back to the Members page, instead of staying on the Direct Add page. ... ... It would be nice if the interface stayed on the Direct Add page.

Agreed.

It would be nice if I could do a bulk search. I could search for multiple people, as both names as email addresses.
If you are an owner or moderator, your search includes names and email addresses.

Right now, the search box does an AND of all the search terms, so I can't search for multiple people with different names.

You can use OR in a search also.  There is an outstanding issue with the search strings though (see https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/71860654) and it can help if you put your search string in quotes. Searching for something like "Smith" OR "Jones" OR "Harris" works fine for me.

Suppose, for instance, that the search box were multi-line:

This would take up too much space on mobile devices where screen real estate is at a premium so I wouldn't go for this.

Andy