moderated Direct Add to subgroup: stay on Direct Add page after adding; allow bulk searches #suggestion #done

Dan Halbert

I am often asked to add multiple people from the main group to a subgroup. Currently this can be somewhat tedious. I have two ideas that I think might make this easier:

1.  Right now I search for each person, check their box, and add them, one at a time. After I click "Add Member", the web interface goes back to the Members page, instead of staying on the Direct Add page. So I have to click "Direct Add' In the left sidebar, and go back to that page. It would be nice if the interface stayed on the Direct Add page. This seems like an easy change.

2. It would be nice if I could do a bulk search. I could search for multiple people, as both names as email addresses. Right now, the search box does an AND of all the search terms, so I can't search for multiple people with different names. Suppose, for instance, that the search box were multi-line: all the terms on a single line would do an AND search, and the results for each line would be OR'd. For example:

Cooper
john.smith@...
Sam Jones

might return: