moderated Re: Changes to new basic groups #update

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 10:29 AM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
I think there has been a lot of miscommunicatio in this thread, starting with Mark's statement that "Basic groups created after that time will be limited to mailing list features only." That's what made me (wrongly) think "yahoo." Because to me, "mailing list features only" does not include, for example, even a message archive. That's the way yahoo went - mailing list only, no web features AT ALL. In the next sentence Mark goes on the list what is NOT included. But nowhere does he state clearly exactly what WILL BE included.

Hmm, I didn't realize Yahoo killed the archive as well.

Maybe this is a better description; as I just posted in another topic:

All the existing moderation functions will be enabled. All the existing message viewing features will be enabled.  All the existing hashtag features will be enabled.

If you want to approximate a new basic group, go into group settings, and in the Features panel, turn everything off. (You will still be able to set the max size of photos in emails.)

Hope this helps.