moderated Re: Changes to new basic groups #update

RCardona

As dual-owner of a premium group of about 250 members, we did a donation drive via PayPal and Stripe.  Only about 10% of our membership made a donation, but sufficient funds were raised to fund the membership group for 2+ years.  International funds were consolidated into a single currency, no problem.  We appointed a treasurer who will be paying the annual fee from the monies raised.   Many tools out there to collect monies for groups.

Robert

On 8/12/20 12:57 PM, Chris Jones via groups.io wrote:
On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 05:23 PM, Robin Whittle wrote:
USD$220 a year is about Australian $1 a day - and its worth it to know I have a good, ad-free, long-term reliable system for running what is always going to be quite a time-consuming project.
Yeah, right. And how do you propose that a group with nearly 2000 members spread throughout the world (but mainly in the UK) should collect that money? Or are you assuming that the Owners/Moderators will simply pay it themselves?

I fully understand the reasoning that has lead to these changes, but I wish that people would put a bit more thought into the practicalities of collecting the money required should it become necessary to pay for a "legacy basic" group. In some cases I daresay it would be fairly easy; in others more or less impossible.

Be careful what you wish for...

Chris