moderated RE : [beta] Changes to new basic groups #update

JediPirx

Just a thought, but, what about creating a "Free" plan that
is mailing list and possibly Wiki only, and keeping "Basic"
as is but adding a nominal monthly charge ($5/month ?). This
avoids legacy plan tracking.

Those on the Basic plan who only need mailing list can
downgrade to Free plan if they wish. The Wiki feature would
be used to document rules-of-engagement, and links to other
sites for files/photos/etc.

Is there a plan that can be created for Non-Profits ? Are
there certain features that Non-Profits typically use ?

As an aside, does Groups.io track feature usage for each plan ?
This would help with developing plans in the future.

There are other pricing models, such as "Utility Computing" and
"A La Carte" but that is not the scope here.

Stan/jp

Subject : [beta] Changes to new basic groups #updates
Date : Mon, 10 Aug 2020 13:05:33 -0700
From : Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io>
To : beta@groups.io

All,

I am making a change that will affect all new basic groups created
after Monday, 24, 2020 at 9am Pacific Time. Basic groups created
after that time will be limited to mailing list features only.

.
.
.