moderated Re: Do not delete pending messages after 14 days #suggestion

Chris Jones

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 04:40 PM, Ondřej Čertík wrote:
Would it be possible to add an option to never delete pending messages automatically?
You probably won't thank me for saying this but the problem is not the automatic deletion after 14 days but the fact that you left your Spam Box unchecked for 2 months.

I would argue that a message is likely to lose its currency after 24 hours, never mind 14 let alone 60 days; on top of that I am slightly surprised that after that amount of time your ISP had not automatically cleared your Spam Box.

If you had just set your group up then I suspect that you never checked the web UI and did not have any other person appointed to moderate messages.

As a matter of principle spam boxes ought to be checked far more frequently than every two months whether or not this is to find any messages from Groups.io. There are ways of setting your email service up so that the risk of Groups.io mails being shunted off is minimised; one common one is to ensure that the address that Groups.io uses to send messages to you is listed in your service provider's contact list.

In asking for a "never delete" option you are IMHO seeking to address an incorrect diagnosis of the problem.

Chris