moderated Re: Changes to new basic groups #update

Ok. Points well-taken. I won't worry. :-)

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 9:40 AM Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 7:13 AM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
I have to admit that I, too, felt some panic about the sustainability of groups.io when I first read this announcement. My premium group (for cats) is grandfathered in for pricing and my basic group (for my block) is grandfathered in for features, so I personally made it under the wire. But this does have the smell of yahoo groups, and although I am hanging onto trust that the combination decided on for pricing and features was the best combination possible, I worry that groups.io will have trouble distinguishing itself from yahoo going forward, and that instead of making things more sustainable, it might have the opposite effect.

Not sure I see the comparison. Yahoo doesn't even offer most of the features we have. If someone goes with Y Groups these days (or Google Groups for that matter), then I have either not marketed the Groups.io advantages well, or they would not be a good customer fit for us.