moderated Re: Changes to new basic groups #update

Dave Sergeant

On 10 Aug 2020 at 13:05, Mark Fletcher wrote:

I am making a change that will affect all new basic groups
I can see why Mark is making these changes but it does seem to me that
before very long there will no longer be any basic {as in 'free')
groups and groups.io is slowly following the pattern of yahoogroups
which still exists but with email only access. That is the very reason
we all came to groups.io in the first place. Many small groups use the
free option and could in no way go premium as they do not have the
financial resources. The 'freemium' model seems to be now dead.

Dave

http://davesergeant.com