moderated Re: Changes to new basic groups #update

Basic groups created after that time will be limited to mailing list features only. That means, they will not have polls, calendar, chat, member directory, integrations, photos, files, database, or wiki.
I'd like to suggest you keep the member directory (so people can see who else is still in the group) and photos. I imagine these would have to be kept for the moderators/owners in order to properly administrate the group, anyway. You could prevent direct photo uploads, meaning the only way to post a photo would be to mail it to the group. It wouldn't take any significant additional resources to keep these features, and it might help tease people into realizing that Groups.io is more than just a listserv.

JohnF