moderated Re: Photo Upload Notifications #bug

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 10:48 AM, Ginger Iorizzo wrote:
When I receive a notification that a photo has been added, the same notice is repeated multiple times within the same message. ...Is this a known bug?
Ginger -- If by "multiple times" you mean twice, that's unlikely to be a bug.

It happens in the notification message I receive as the group owner and also in the notification message that is sent out to the entire group.
The notification sent to the entire group is triggered when the uploader ticks the corresponding checkbox in the upload dialog. You can head off this notification by setting the "moderated" flag on the #file-notice hashtag.

The notification sent to you as a Moderator/Owner is controlled by your subscription settings. Click on Subscription on the left-side menu bar and update the "Moderator Notifications" block according to your preferences.

Further discussion on this topic should really be taken up in GroupManagersForum or Group_Help.

Regards,
Bruce