moderated Re: Clarification of account preference #misc

On Sun, Aug 2, 2020 at 6:19 PM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
On the Account > Preferences page, the last panel contains a box for "I always want copies of my own emails".  There's been some difference of opinion as to what this relates to and what it means.  I believe that originally it would cause the headers to be rewritten when returning a message to the person that sent it if they used Gmail (or other services known to use a Gmail derivative).  In the Members Manual, it gives the impression that this will be done for any email service if the box is checked.  Which is the correct interpretation?

It applies regardless of the email service. It replaces the Message-Id header with a new one that we generate (we rename the original Message-Id header to X-Orig-Message-Id).

Hope this helps.