moderated Clarification of account preference #misc

Duane

On the Account > Preferences page, the last panel contains a box for "I always want copies of my own emails".  There's been some difference of opinion as to what this relates to and what it means.  I believe that originally it would cause the headers to be rewritten when returning a message to the person that sent it if they used Gmail (or other services known to use a Gmail derivative).  In the Members Manual, it gives the impression that this will be done for any email service if the box is checked.  Which is the correct interpretation?