moderated Re: Event RSVP changes #update

On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 6:48 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

13. After using the Actions button on the View Responses page to send messages to Responders, Attendees etc. I am returned to the home page of my main group and then have to navigate back to the subgroup and calendar where my test event is defined. #suggestion: keep focus on the calendar event after sending a message

Fixed.

14. Messages sent to responders about places on the event and movements on the waitlist appear to come direct from the event organiser (rather than via Groups.io) so, by default, any replies from a responder go direct to the organiser.  If an Owner/Mod is the event organiser the default 'From' address on messages sent via the Actions button on the View Responses page is group+owner so replies are most likely going to be sent back to that address.  Event responders can therefore get messages about the same event from two different sources and if Mods are set not to receive group+owner emails (our group policy is that they do not) some replies from responders can be easily missed. I know Mods may check the +owner Messages on individual responders' membership records but that's not a practical solution, especially for events that could have a large number of responders. #suggestion: set the default From address on messages sent via the Actions button to be the event organiser

The default From line is now the person sending the message. Previously, it was the +owner address.