moderated Topics view does not display oldest message after a merge #bug

Bruce Bowman

Under normal circumstances, the first line or two of the oldest message in a topic is displayed in topics view. However, if I merge some older messages into a topic, this does not seem to be the case...it continues to display the text of the original message, now located somewhere in the middle.

I don't know if this is a bug or by design, but it definitely runs contrary to my usual use case for splitting and merging...rectifying things after a discussion strays far afield.

Contrary opinions welcome.

Thanks,
Bruce