moderated Re: unable to add groups.io calendar to google calendar by URL #bug #fixed

Chuck Palmer

Per @Duane's suggestion, I am tagging onto this thread with an issue I posted in the GMF regarding the Calendar Downloading Event feature not working properly.
That topic is here - https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/topic/downloading_calendar_event/75529805

Apologies if I should have started a new thread.

I'd like to also add this bit of info I found after posting the above message earlier today.  I mentioned in that post that this weirdity also occurs when I download the .ics file then click on it to add to my calendar.  If I open the .ics file with a text editor, it shows the same lack of ":", duplicate info, extra space, etc.

Here is the DESCRIPTION section - truncated in some spots for privacy:

 sion about the health and heart features of the Apple Watch with Dr. xxxxx.\, a local cardiologist and electrophysiologist..\n\n*GUEST
  SPEAKER * Dr. xxxxxxxxxx\n*TOPIC * She will discuss how her sta
 ff and patients use the Apple Watch to monitor cardio activity.\n\n*Mee
 ting Link * https //zoom.us/j/9608xxxxx? pwd=bzZLVE-xxxxx-tGYm
  pRUT09 ( https //zoom.us/j/96087945376?pwd=bzZLVEl2VE-xxxxx-GYmpRU
 T09 )

In addition, if I go to the bottom of the Calendar, subscribe to it, then paste that info into my Google calendar, all its events with URL's in their Description fields have similar errors.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
-chuck