moderated Re: no zip file email received after exporting Photos #bug #fixed

Bruce Bowman

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 07:03 AM, Andy Wedge wrote:
I exported the photos from my group and while it gave me those in an album I had created, it did not export the emailed photos album. Is this intentional?
Andy -- It's my understanding that all attachments are base64 encoded and embedded in each message in your messages.mbox file as a separate MIME part. Thus, Emailed Photos (and attachments of any other kind) are not readily retrieved from the group export.

You should be able to import the mbox file into a compatible mail client (Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc) and extract the original binaries that way, but I haven't actually tried it.

Hope this helps,
Bruce