moderated Separate delete permission for database tables #suggestion

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

granting a member 'edit' permission on a database table also allows them to delete a row. Can we separate the edit into Update and Delete permissions to allow finer control over who does what.

Use of database tables has taken off recently in my subgroups but we have a need to limit the size of the tables. As there's currently no way to set a maximum size of table (see my message #25278) and we only want 6 entries per table, the creator pre-defines 6 rows for people to fill in. The Add Row permission is not granted so members cannot increase the size of the table but we frequently get members deleting rows instead of just removing their details from a pre-defined row, which means the table owner ends up having to add an empty row again.

Thanks
Andy