moderated Re: Bug in displaying Banned Members #bug

Rick N

I'm curious behind your rationale for this position.  Is it due to the particular moderators you have in that one group? Why would it be acceptable for them to know who is currently a member, but not know who was either prevented from joining or removed for cause and blocked from rejoining?

I can certainly understand why a group owner/designated moderator limits who can approve, remove, or ban members, but why would even knowing who wants to join be restricted information?

I don't mean to be quarrelsome, just curious.  You're right that being able to finely tune the moderator's abilities would be best of all.

Rick

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 4:09 PM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 12:49 PM, Rick Nakroshis wrote:
I suggest that if a moderator is allowed to view the member list, then they should be allowed at least a view-only capability of the Pending and Banned members.
I would not like that to happen. There are some moderators in one of my groups who should have access to the members list but not the banned members list. I don't think all moderators should see pending members, either, unless they have permission to accept/reject members.

It should be possible to fix this issue without granting superfluous and (in some cases) undesirable viewing permissions.