Re: Notify Members checkboxes #update

Chris,

I only found out about this uploading because I was looking in the Activity Log for something else entirely.

This problem is addressed by the additional Moderator Notices currently under test. I thought they were due to go live to all moderators yesterday, but I'm not sure if that happened.

While I can understand the point about members being informed about edits, relocations and so on ...

Ok, good.

I cannot see any reason why I should have to "defend" myself for wanting to maintain some sense of order in our Photos section or anywhere else,

I don't think you should either, in the sense that I don't think a reasonable member would challenge you on it (unless you did something unreasonable). But I also am not comfortable with a moderator's desire to be able to change member's content under cover of darkness.

I am still firmly of the view that moderators not only have the right but a duty to try to maintain order in a group's limited storage without having to explain their actions in detail on each and every occasion.

I don't disagree with any of that, and I don't think knowing that the particular member involved will be informed of your efforts should in any way deter you. It certainly does not deter me on those occasions where I find that a member's message that has already been posted needs to be redacted or otherwise modified.

Shal