moderated Re: Testing notifications #misc

Chris Jones

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 10:57 AM, Andy Wedge wrote:
I think having a choice of whether I want a push notification or an email (or both) is great; slowing down the delivery of emails (unless the receiver is in control) is not.
But is there any evidence that suggests Groups.io is slowing down email deliveries, even taking into account your other points about possible delays due to polling differences? Every now and then some emails seem to be held up somewhere along the route; on occasions I have had messages turn up post - moderation before the (email) notification that there was something awaiting moderation put in an appearance.

Yes; it's a bit annoying but c'est la vie... <shrug>

Chris

PS to Mark; thanks for turning my push notifications on; I got the first one this morning. For some reason the group I moderate has gone super - quiet in the last few days so I had to wait for something to happen. A nice, clear, clean, unmistakeable appearance. :)