moderated Re: Testing notifications #misc

Agree 110% with Andy. I haven’t followed the conversation about aggregation but now reading that the notifications are going to be blunted (great word) like this, I’m really shaking my head. I think it’s the wrong approach. Like Andy says: if you don’t like them, turn them off.

On Jun 25, 2020, at 3:20 PM, Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 11:54 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
now sent through the combiner,
I don't like this combiner approach with a 4 minute delay. It seems to me that we have a sharp new system to send out immediate notifications and then we blunt that by delaying them. If I want the notifications, I want them almost immediately, if I don't I should have the ability to turn them off.  Earlier, a member in one of my subgroups updated a database. He then emailed me off list to confirm he'd made a change and his email arrived before the Groups.io notification, making that notification pointless. If the combiner delay was something more reasonable, say 30 seconds, that would be better as I can understand the need to combine some quick-fire changes into one notice, however, 4 minutes is way to long me and I'd rather have the option to turn the combiner off than have that.

Regards,
Andy