moderated Re: Testing notifications #misc

Andy Wedge

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 11:54 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
now sent through the combiner,
I don't like this combiner approach with a 4 minute delay. It seems to me that we have a sharp new system to send out immediate notifications and then we blunt that by delaying them. If I want the notifications, I want them almost immediately, if I don't I should have the ability to turn them off.  Earlier, a member in one of my subgroups updated a database. He then emailed me off list to confirm he'd made a change and his email arrived before the Groups.io notification, making that notification pointless. If the combiner delay was something more reasonable, say 30 seconds, that would be better as I can understand the need to combine some quick-fire changes into one notice, however, 4 minutes is way to long me and I'd rather have the option to turn the combiner off than have that.

Regards,
Andy