Re: Notifications about your own actions #misc

Chris Jones

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 06:45 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
For pending messages, pending subscriptions, spam resub, join group, and create subgroup moderator notifications, if your action generated the notification, you will not receive a push notification. You will continue to receive an email notification.
I can see the logic to this, however the result is that overall email and push notifications behave differently. Anyone used to email notifications only (i.e. the existing system) will see one set of actions / responses but if they change to using push notifications only they will get a different set. This may (will?) lead to confusion. A notification of any action, even if instigated by "me" has the advantage that it tells the me that "Groups.io has done what you wanted".

Chris