moderated Re: Notify Members checkboxes #update

Chris Jones

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 04:24 PM, Sandi D wrote:
Up until now the owners/mods determine if something reaches the attention of the members.

Will the eventual change mean that is negated?
Perhaps...

That notifications will reach the member unless they log in and change a setting?
I sincerely hope not. They ought to be able to suppress the worst effects by using the Mute this Hashtag function in the footer of a relevant email.

Two-thirds haven't ever logged in. I'm not sure I can convince them to do so.
A point that is, I think, common to many groups and one that is frequently overlooked.

Insofar as I can dictate policy to the group that I moderate that policy will be to set the various hashtags to "No Email" until a way of minimising the annoyance to individual members can be implemented. Although it would require members to log in my personal preference is a selection along the lines that exists for Email Delivery options now.

Chris