moderated Re: Notify Members checkboxes #update

Chris Jones

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 03:03 AM, Shal Farley wrote:
The blizzard effect is something that needs a better solution than not notifying. Maybe that's aggregating notices, maybe something else we haven't thought of yet.
Perhaps so; the difficulty is identifying the "aggregation time". A further possible complication is that any given "tidying up" session might involve renaming an Album or Photo(s) or deleting an Album or Photos, or moving a Photo; that list is not exhaustive. It might easily not fit into a single Notification however long the aggregation time was.

For edit I'd say the member deserves to know (and you likely deserve to fend off such questions). Maybe move too (if not notified the member might look and not find his/her content, and believe that it was deleted)
I do understand the point you are making, but we have a wiki section about Files & Photo uploads* that makes it clear that the Group Moderators have the right to carry out such editing (in its widest sense) as they deem necessary. That being the case members' expectation of detailed notifications ought to be reduced.

It has the potential to be complicated...

* Which is not to say that anyone's actually read it.

Chris