moderated Re: Notify Members checkboxes #update

Chris Jones

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 04:27 PM, Shal Farley wrote:
And as mentioned before, for those that don't post I'd like the member whose content is affected (including deletes) to receive an off-list notice.
<slight shudder>

Only if that notification is optional on my part as a moderator.

Two reasons; I don't want anything I do to tidy up (say) Photos to generate a blizzard of notifications (even to just one member), and I don't want to have to fend off the "why did you edit, move, delete, whatever such and such" messages that are likely to accrue as a result of a rationalisation process.

With Files and Photos counting towards a group's storage allowance then judgement over what to keep and what to discard has to rest with group moderators and territorial disputes over what material is retained and what isn't must not be encouraged, and sending members detailed notifications about what has happened to their material is, IMHO, just inviting those disputes to happen.

Chris