moderated Re: Notify Members checkboxes #update

Bruce Bowman

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 06:41 AM, Chris Jones wrote:
A further thought about Polls; a Poll is a message with a specific question included, and as such is not a notification in the same way as an upload is. I would not want members to be able to suppress awareness of a  Poll by any means whatsoever. Choosing not to respond to a Poll is one thing; choosing not to know about it is another thing entirely. IMHO #poll-notice should not be a notification.
We do need to keep a clear view regarding which of the existing system hashtags are intrinsic to the effective operation of groups.io. We've already mentioned #cal-reminder and #cal-notice in that context, and I agree with Chris that #poll-notice (and possibly #chat-notice) are in the same category.

That said, members should continue to be allowed to mute these hashtags if they so desire.

Regards,
Bruce