locked Re: Calendar is live

Nerdy technical information here:

Forgot to mention how timezones are handled. Timezones only matter for displaying the calendar and for reminders. Every user has a timezone setting now, in their profile. We auto detect what timezone a user's browser is in when they register or when they login, and automatically set their timezone if it isn't already set. When calendar events are created, we store the timezone of the person creating the event as the event's timezone. There is no group timezone.

So, if we're emailing a calendar reminder to someone who's timezone we don't know (because they registered through email, haven't logged into the site since we rolled out the calendar, etc), we use the event's timezone to figure out a time to show in the reminder. Every event reminder email is customized to the particular subscriber's timezone.

Mark

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Hi All,

I pushed the calendar to the live site. The default for every group is that moderators/owners can edit the calendar and members can view it. You can change this in Settings.

Calendars are tricky beasts; no doubt there will be bugs. Please let me know if you find anything or have suggestions. I'll announce it on updates some time next week.

Thanks!