moderated Re: Minor notification changes #update

Chris Jones

On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 07:07 AM, Shal Farley wrote:
That is, Mark didn't rename the old #wiki into #wiki-notices, he just added the new one internally, and it gets created in the group when used.
Aha; I think I can now see where I managed to mislead myself; sorry Mark!!

Aslo thanks to Andy W for his point.

These points triggered me into investigating an action that others might want to consider.

If a group owner or moderator sets up the -notice hashtags in anticipation of their use then those tags can be preset to be "Moderators Only" (to prevent their use by members other than by triggering a notification) and set them to "No Email" should that be the preferred option.

However, setting to No Email requires a small action on Mark's part... please!

Notification messages read... This email message is a notification... etc. Can I request that the word "email" be removed, because if a moderator sets the hashtag to No Email then no email is generated, risking leaving members who see the web UI to wonder why they didn't get an email.

Chris