moderated Re: Notify Members checkboxes #update

Hi Shal,

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 8:41 PM Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:

1) If the user chooses not to Notify Members, or if a Notification's
hashtag controls would cause it not to be posted by email, send it to
each owner/moderator by email, and/or web/app notification, regardless -
subject only to that owner/moderator's Email and Notifications settings.

Ok, so create a bunch of new per-moderator notification toggles under the 'Notifications' section of each moderator's subscription, that have to do with the various types of content on the site (ie wiki, files, photos, etc), anything we send a #-notify message about. The sending of these notifications to moderators would be independent of whether the notification ended up being sent to the group or not. The notifications to moderators would be what I'm currently sending to the groups when the 'Notify Members' checkbox is checked.

In this scenario, I would keep the newly added group notifications, along with their default-unchecked 'Notify Members' checkbox.

Is that right?

2) Under the same conditions, send/push it to the owner of the affected
content anyway (unless it is they themselves taking the action). The
concept here is to follow the precedent of Message editing, where the
poster of a message is always informed of any edit. I'd like to see that
concept extended to the other content a member may contribute.

That's like the concept of subscribing to notifications about something. The creator of the wiki page would be automatically subscribed to notifications of changes to it, with the option to unsubscribe at any time.