moderated Re: New notifications #update

Chris Jones

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 04:31 PM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
Seems to me that the hashtag's "lock topic" mechanism is best reserved to address Chris's concern about people replying to the notification
If I'm honest I am now wondering about the wisdom of that idea, for reasons triggered by Shal's comment. I simply cannot work out in my own head what the optimum (for which read least annoying) settings might be, and being honest again I don't want to spend much time on thinking about it until the situation is more stable than it currently is; with the end point of the development being as yet undefined, any "solution" could turn out to be somewhat short - lived.

Someone - Andy I think - brought up Shal's occasional point about "least astonishment" at some point, and I think that ought to be a guiding principle here.

Chris.