moderated Re: New notifications #update

For the record, I am loving the new push notification functionality. No longer do I have to go into the site, or check my email, to see that there's a message pending approval, etc. It just alerts me, quickly, efficiently, and unobtrusively. And if there is any particular hashtag I want to keep close tabs on, I no longer have to keep checking on that, either.

I don't see any problem with people not liking them because they have to be proactively turned on. I do see an urgent need to be able to turn off the message notifications, however. Shal's crazy-brilliant idea of setting the tags to "moderated," as well as to "no email," should work for most people meanwhile.