moderated Re: New notifications #update

Dave Sergeant

And there has been a flurry of postings on here as well, most of which
I deleted.... The only notifications I NEED are new membership requests
for approval and the linked 'new member' one. I don't care if somebody
has added a new file or photo, if it is important they will comment in
the relevant message thread. Or for that matter loads of long
#hastags-yourfavouriteextension which just makes subject lines long for
no reason.

Dave

On 19 Jun 2020 at 1:47, Victoria via groups.io wrote:

I did an informal survey of some of my members.  No one wants any/all
these notifications sent to them.  They don't care what goes on behind
the scenes, they just want useful information that is posted to the
group that may help them with problems.  Even as a moderator/owner,
there are very few that I'd want to see, mostly when something on the
group is changed - photos added, wiki page added/changed, file uploaded,
messages edited, etc. (and then via email, not instant browser
notifications) - but not notify the whole group.  There's already been a
flurry of complaints on GMF due to the notices being sent to the groups.

http://davesergeant.com