moderated Re: New notifications #update

I did an informal survey of some of my members.  No one wants any/all these notifications sent to them.  They don't care what goes on behind the scenes, they just want useful information that is posted to the group that may help them with problems.  Even as a moderator/owner, there are very few that I'd want to see, mostly when something on the group is changed - photos added, wiki page added/changed, file uploaded, messages edited, etc. (and then via email, not instant browser notifications) - but not notify the whole group.  There's already been a flurry of complaints on GMF due to the notices being sent to the groups.

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 11:08 AM, Duane wrote:
"I  did an informal survey of some of my members.  No one wants any/all these notifications sent to them.  They don't care what goes on behind the scenes, they just want useful information that is posted to the group that may help them with problems.  Even as a moderator/owner, there are very few that I'd want to see, mostly when something on the group is changed - photos added, wiki page added/changed, file uploaded, messages edited, etc. (and then via email, not instant browser notifications) - but not notify the whole group.  There's already been a flurry of complaints on GMF due to the notices being sent to the groups."

I  was quite surprised to realize that notifications of all kinds are now sent to the group. I wanted to see what had changed and tested it by uploading a file. I then realized that all of a sudden the little check box "notify members" was checked by default, the opposite of what was the standard all these years. So now, if one doesn´t uncheck it, every little upload or change is being sent to the group. This is not very appropriate, in my opinion.

The requirements of many moderators and owners - as I understand them - is the option to be notified when a member or another moderator uploads a photo, a file, a database or a wiki information, which is something that could be added to the rest of the notifications.

In my humble opinion all of these notifications for moderators should be optional (and owner´s privilege to set them), just like the rest of them. And the "notify members" check box for the uploading of files, photos and so on should stay empty so that they can be checked if desired.
Victoria