moderated Re: File upload notifications

DeniseD

Please give us the option to advise our members of uploaded files.  Sometimes I don't want them to know about it at the time of uploading but I am preparing for a future event in the Group.
Please put it back to having the option.
Cheers DeniseD

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 4:38 AM billsf9c via groups.io <OOWONBS=Netscape.net@groups.io> wrote:
> Isn't the whole point of uploading files being that your members can then access them? I'm confused. Mark

Good point, but as daid, sorta No.
Point being, A nice option.
Historically, YahOops had a box we had to check, to Notify Members.
It's already our habit to USUALLY check it... but maybe not. Even as mere members. We just are already used to right-hand threads, et al.

Now, if you wanted to needlessly increase complexity, give owners a switch to set their global/list preference to create a setting during a random time frame which they must manually set and reset. I wouldn't... but you're the Captain.

BillSF9c