moderated Re: File upload notifications

Judy F.

I totally agree that it should be unchecked by default.
Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 10:57 AM, Andy Wedge wrote:
On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 03:00 PM, M Parker wrote:
I am pleased to see that the Notify Members checkbox when a file is uploaded is now checked by default.
I would very much like to see it go back the way it was (unchecked by default). A positive action should be required by a user in order to generate a file upload message. If you forget to check the box when you want a message, there's always the option of reloading the file with the option checked. Forgetting to uncheck the box means the message gets sent. I know there's now a #file hashtag that could be moderated but that is an extra thing to monitor and I would want to have to moderate file uploads from other members and determine whether or not they actually wanted a message sent or they had just forgotten to uncheck the box.

Andy