moderated Re: File upload notifications

Duane

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 11:32 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Why wouldn't you want your members to know about files being uploaded?
On most of my groups, one of the rules is that you will NOT notify the group when a file is uploaded.  After loading the file, a new topic with a link to the file and a description of what it's for should be sent, possibly leading to discussions.  Because not everyone names files well, nor provides a good description, this works much better for us.

On another group, for a club, everyone knows that I'll be uploading minutes as secretary, as well as banking information as treasurer, on a regular basis, so an announcement is just annoying clutter.

Regards,