moderated Re: File upload notifications

Margo Seegrist

Hi Mark,

I'm applying your comments about files to photos.  In my group, there are times I quietly upload photos and other times I upload them and then kick out an email to share the photo.  I quietly upload it generally when the person has already shared it with the group as an Attachment.  I quietly put it in the album for them so they don't need to see it again or get an email saying I put it in the album.

That's my reason for not needing a notification that I put the card in the album.

Sincerely,

Rli@...

In a message dated 6/18/2020 9:32:36 AM Pacific Standard Time, markf@corp.groups.io writes:

Andy,

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 7:57 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

I would very much like to see it go back the way it was (unchecked by default). A positive action should be required by a user in order to generate a file upload message. If you forget to check the box when you want a message, there's always the option of reloading the file with the option checked.

Why wouldn't you want your members to know about files being uploaded? Isn't the whole point of uploading files being that your members can then access them? I'm confused.