moderated Re: File upload notifications

Mark,

I noticed you wrote at the beginning of all this:
"The Notify Members checkbox when uploading files is now checked by default, in preparation for removing it at some point."
What does that mean? Is the plan to remove it at some point, and if so, why have it checked now?

In answer to your question to Andy about wanting group members to see files, yes, we do. But that doesn't imply we want all group members notified at the particular moment we upload every file. Sometimes I work iteratively; sometimes I post temporary files; etc.