moderated Re: New notifications #update

I requested wiki change notifications but *always* assumed they would be available only to moderators. That is a problem overall: there is no mechanism to make sure a given notification is sent only to moderators. With the new scheme I'm suggesting, all the possible notifications would be on one page (the notification specifications, not their hashtags). Certain notifications would by default be available/viewable only to moderators, and/or constrained by owners to be available to certain moderators with the correct permissions. You could choose not to have wiki notifications go out at all, or go out only to mods; same with all the other kinds. The notification hashtags could be specified on the page for each notification. The hashtags would also be in a separate block, and would have certain options automatically unchecked by default or simply not available (e.g. the problematic "no email," also probably "moderated," etc.) ("Locked" could be set by default so that nobody can answer the notification, but could be changed by mods if desired.)

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 8:08 AM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 06:09 AM, Sandi D wrote:
I don't want everyone in my group getting a wiki notification for every spelling and grammar error that I correct. Or for fixing a broken link.
I did an informal survey of some of my members.  No one wants any/all these notifications sent to them.  They don't care what goes on behind the scenes, they just want useful information that is posted to the group that may help them with problems.  Even as a moderator/owner, there are very few that I'd want to see, mostly when something on the group is changed - photos added, wiki page added/changed, file uploaded, messages edited, etc. (and then via email, not instant browser notifications) - but not notify the whole group.  There's already been a flurry of complaints on GMF due to the notices being sent to the groups.

Regards,